Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the good, the bad and the ugly

Options
I bought my egg is August. A list of my good and bad:

Good
Ribs
Boston butt...really good
Spatchcock chicken
Stuffed chicken thighs
Salmon
Abt
Burgers and steak
Pork tenderloin

Bad:
Brisket...not tender
CI roast...to much au jous
Some lump...won't name names
Stuffed tenderloin
Wings

Prime rib is ok

Having fun though.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Oh yeah...pizza is a fail.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    How 'bout six months from now? After you figure out pizza, wings, and brisket!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    you'll get it @henapple, just keep Egg in away. we all fail from time to time and brisket is tough.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What happened to the ugly?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    If you are putting on weight, your really doing good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Rule #33, Eggers appreciate hearing about fails as much as successes, because we learn from them.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Village Idiot
    Options
    From the subject, I thought this was about me, Travis, and Mickey.  8-|

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

What happened to the ugly?

They were eaten...but not with gusto.

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    I find pizza is more about learning the dough. I've experimented with 3 or 4 different ones. I've made some really good pizza, but had what my grade 5 students would call, an "epic fail". I used the @Zippylip recipe and stretched the dough too thin and when I went out to remove the parchment and turn it half way through the cook, it tore a bit. I let it finish, but trying to take it off, everything but the outer crust stayed slopped all over my stone. After a few choice words, and a stiff drink, I was somewhat thankful I made 2 pies that night and one was semi-edible. With the dough I had left over I attempted again for lunch the next day, and it turned out amazing. Best pizza I've made yet.

If there's one thing I've learned, every fail, results in a learning experience to succeed the next time.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario