Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BASIC Egg Table

Hi Gang, I see you all have built some beautiful tables!  I am not nearly as talented with the carpentry skills, but I was still able to build a very basic table myself earlier this fall with just a skill saw and a drill.  It's not pretty, but it sure works great, and we love it!  SO much better than the old side tables we had.  So if anyone was questioning whether or not they can do one of these projects on their own... if I can do it, anyone can.

Full instructions? See my blog: http://winnipeggheads.com/2012/10/13/building-a-big-green-egg-table/

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Looks nice, Jackie.  Good job!
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Nice table and patio...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Look's great to me. Good job!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• It looks fire proof, it's got wheels and a bottle opener.  Great job!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Don't sell yourself short. You have good craftsmanship. Fasteners in a straight line and evenly spaced, boards look flush or even with other boards. You did a great job!
  • Jackie,

Very nice, and feels good to make it yourself eh?
  • Nice job, looks like a workhorse, will give you years of service....!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    And she built it all by herself in order to surprise Brian! Makes me want to get off my but and build one. Or have another drink and wait until next weekend...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Perfect looking all purpose table, seems your craftsmanship skills are pretty decent.

• Griffin said:
    And she built it all by herself in order to surprise Brian! Makes me want to get off my but and build one. Or have another drink and wait until next weekend...
    I second the later half of your comment, you can never plan too much. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • I liked your basic table and built one like it with the exception of using the table nest.  My dealer told me that I didn't need to use any type of stone below the egg if I used the table nest.  Does anyone have any comment about that?
  • nolaegghead
    edited December 2012
    golsonf said:
    I liked your basic table and built one like it with the exception of using the table nest.  My dealer told me that I didn't need to use any type of stone below the egg if I used the table nest.  Does anyone have any comment about that?
    You might get some blistering of the finish if you're running full blast for pizzas for a long period of time, but I don't think there's a serious fire risk.  Then again, your egg dealer wants to sell you a nest and he ain't the underwriter on your homeowners.  Better safe than sorry. I'd put some thin ceramic tiles under there just to play it safe.  That's just me, and I have a big brown spot under my egg that I didn't think I'd get.
    I called my dealer to see if he had the table nest. I was going to buy them but he said the stone is better than the table nest. He says " I have them but your better off just using a landscaping stone". Personally I don't know but that is what he said.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RichH
    RichH Posts: 41
    golsonf said:
    I liked your basic table and built one like it with the exception of using the table nest.  My dealer told me that I didn't need to use any type of stone below the egg if I used the table nest.  Does anyone have any comment about that?
    You might get some blistering of the finish if you're running full blast for pizzas for a long period of time, but I don't think there's a serious fire risk.  Then again, your egg dealer wants to sell you a nest and he ain't the underwriter on your homeowners.  Better safe than sorry. I'd put some thin ceramic tiles under there just to play it safe.  That's just me, and I have a big brown spot under my egg that I didn't think I'd get.
    I'm new to BGE and I've only used it twice. The 18"x18" ceramic floor tile I put under the egg cracked after the first time firing up my LBGE. I picked up a 16"x16" concrete stepping stone from Home Depot and painted it hunter green to match the egg. We'll see how that holds up.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Smokeware Chimney, Kick Ash basket, Rutland Gasket and BBQ Guru DigiQ

St. Petersburg, FL
  • nolaegghead
    RichH said:
    I'm new to BGE and I've only used it twice. The 18"x18" ceramic floor tile I put under the egg cracked after the first time firing up my LBGE. I picked up a 16"x16" concrete stepping stone from Home Depot and painted it hunter green to match the egg. We'll see how that holds up.
    You need an air gap between the bottom of the egg and the tile under it.  The little green feet or something.  Otherwise they get way hotter.  They tile or brick still could crack, but much less likely.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Put a mangrate under it...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN