Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Couple recent cooks (pics)

Meaning to post but forgot. I did the Nutella sweet rolls and a bacon explosion recently. Also shot of the brisket I did and couple spatchcock chickens. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I snagged a piece before taking a picture
Boom

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069
    You've been busy. Some good looking food right there.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,874
    And as a bonus I got three new Tervis tumblers. Love these cups. Up to 9 now. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Boom
    For the bacon explosion I went 6x6 on weave. Next time I'll either go 7x7 or use less sausage. Was good tho. Used leftover with breakfast next morn with grits and eggs.
    Boom
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069
    Those cups are awesome. I think we are up to 8 or so.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Here are the steaks I did yesterday Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos did some sea salt and let sit in fridge about 5 hours. Did some garlic salt after initial sear.
    Boom
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,585

@Fan, you live on Lake Murray?

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    Chubbs said:

@Fan, you live on Lake Murray?

close. It's where I take my boat
    Boom
    Griffin said:
    Those cups are awesome. I think we are up to 8 or so.

yup. Love them
    Boom
    Nice. I live in Forest Acres. Dont see too many of us from SC on the forum.
    Chubbs said:
    Nice. I live in Forest Acres. Dont see too many of us from SC on the forum.

yeah are right down the road from each other then. I live off Garners Ferry.
    Boom
    Nice. I have a rental unit in Hampton Forest off of Garners Ferry right past 77 overpass.
    Chubbs yeah that's only few miles from me. Where did you buy your egg?
    Boom
  • Ever thing looks awesome. I got to get a bark like that on my brisket!
    Ever thing looks awesome. I got to get a bark like that on my brisket!

thanks. That was my very first brisket.
    Boom
  • @FanOfFanboys What recipe did you use for the Nutella sweet rolls?  I've been wanting to make some and yours look delicious!  Great looking food for sure. 
    Hunter - LBGE

Oxford, MS
    What is the bacon explosion......is that ground beef or ground pork wrapped inside the backon?  How do you weave the bacon?

bacon explosion is actually trademarked but its a bacon weave. Very easy. It's pork sausage. I used jimmy dean but any kind will work. Here is a shot of the weave. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Boom
    @FanOfFanboys What recipe did you use for the Nutella sweet rolls?  I've been wanting to make some and yours look delicious!  Great looking food for sure. 

in a pot melt equal parts brown sugar and butter. Pour into bottom of a pan. Take something like crescent rolls and smear with Nutella. I did about ~350-375 about 40 minutes. Sprinkled some powdered sugar and cinnamon on. Let sit about 5 minutes and flipped. Good but sweet. Serve over ice cream IMO. @SouthernSmoke
    Boom
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nice job! Some good lookin' food there!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 968
    edited January 2013
    Someone has been busy! Excellent job all around!! I particularly liked those first two low fat healthy cooks you did.   ;)
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Great pics and cooks!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!