Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Assembling the large nest ENL & Nest Handler NHL-1

2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is the unassembled Large Nest Handler NHL-1

000_1716.jpg

Here is the unassembled Large Nest ENL

000_1717.jpg

000_1718.jpg

How to assemble the new style large nest with the four inch caster wheels ENL 06-01-09.

First make up these two sections using the given hardware and hand tighten loosely.

000_1719.jpg

Next chris cross the two together upside down and bolt together. Then add the bottom braces and add the handler foot brace and tighten by hand.

000_1720.jpg

Continue until fully assembled loosely.

000_1721.jpg

000_1722.jpg

Next take your channel locks and 9/16 wrench and tighten all four caster wheels.

000_1723.jpg

Next using your Philips screwdriver and a 7/16 wrench tighten the rest of the hardware.

000_1724.jpg

Now that the nest is assembled you can start on the nest handler. Here you have to remove one screw and nut to install each side brace and tighten each side with the philips screwdriver and the 7/16 wrench.

000_1725.jpg

000_1726.jpg

Here install the handle brace and tighten all four screws.

000_1728.jpg

000_1729.jpg

Here assemble the Handle tube and egg braces finger tight until the egg is put in the nest.

000_1730.jpg

I did not get a wire mesh door with the egg I recently purchased and I removed the dome and everything inside to set the egg in the new nest.

Here I installed the wire mesh door in the bottom vent. After I put it on behind the other door I could not slide them open or closed so I had to work on the door frame so two doors could slide open and closed. I used a screw driver. Now it works perfect.

000_1732.jpg

I made this shelf for the nest so when I pull ash out of the egg it won't go everywhere. I plan to get the ash pan that goes with the egg.

000_1738.jpg

I made this from a piece of 3/16 steel in the garage and a cut wheel and drill and grinder and a can of black paint. I went to the hardware store and got three stainless steel pan bolts to replace the other three. The egg don't even sit on the bolt heads.

000_1739.jpg

After setting the egg in the nest I could attach the two handle braces to the lower band stud on each side. Then I tightened everything up real tight.

000_1741.jpg

Here I but my tape up to the lower band. I looks like a little over 7 inches.

100_3113.jpg

Hooked on through it about 10 1/4 inches.

100_3114.jpg

Now I simply put everything in place. I hope I like my steel shelf on the nest because it was a last min idea.

000_1742.jpg

Comments