Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE noob here

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself.. Just recently lucked into a large BGE for a very good price.. I've been reading posts and getting ideas and tips for a bit now and have just started using the BGE regularly.. Still learning patience with it.  :)

So far I've done a pork butt, pork loin roast, brisket, steaks, burgers and some drumsticks..

Here's my best creation so far.. Half of a pork butt rubbed with Bad Byron's.. Had to separate out the crust from the inner meat cause the wife didn't like the kick that Bad Byron's had in it.
LBGE
MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    Real nice and welcome to our world.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,136
    Welcome, sounds like you are fast becoming a seasoned veteran. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Welcome  and enjoy the ride !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • Gee, another new egger from LA. Something is afoot down there.

Welcome aboard. Apparently you can no longer throw a rock in LA without hitting a forum member (do NOT throw rocks at forum members)

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,795
    Sir Saint - where yat?

·
  • Actually not from NOLA.. I'm over on the MS Gulf Coast.. :)
    LBGE
    ·
  • And I gotta say, I love the forum set up.. The ease of finding links and information is great.
    LBGE
    ·
  • Welcome.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
    Actually not from NOLA.. I'm over on the MS Gulf Coast.. :)
    Well, welcome anyway ;)

Hey, where did ya get your egg?  The dealers around here have their eggs priced higher than what I'm reading they're going for. 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Welcome. I'll take the crust. Miss gulf is better than la anyway..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    You're right - only beach we have in LA is Grand Isle and Elmer's Island.  The rest is marsh teaming with redfish, specs, crabs and oysters.

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,639
    Welcome aboard and welcome also to the world of SWMBO-once SWMBO realizes the quality of food that you can produce on the BGE your world can go in one of two directions...Hope you get the right one :)>-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • solasola Posts: 118
    Who Dat!!! & welcome. Love the old mascot.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Ok Nola...you've got great food and topless women catching beads...not all bad.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 442
    Welcome!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • Welcome from Florida!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,770
    Welcome aboard. You are going to love it.
    ·
    Well, welcome anyway ;)

Hey, where did ya get your egg?  The dealers around here have their eggs priced higher than what I'm reading they're going for. 
    Actually got it from a friend of my wife's via Facebook.. They were planning on selling it in a garage sale and posted it online the night before.. Large BGE and the table for $400.. Only a year old and used maybe 10 times.. :D
    LBGE
    ·
    Well, welcome anyway ;)

Actually got it from a friend of my wife's via Facebook.. They were planning on selling it in a garage sale and posted it online the night before.. Large BGE and the table for $400.. Only a year old and used maybe 10 times.. :D
    Very good find!  I thought I found a local used large BGE and then found out it was a medium and passed on it. 
    I know.. I couldn't believe it.  I was so happy my wife found it and showed me.
    LBGE
    ·
  • Im a new BGE member from south ms as well.  Only cooked a few basics, but planning on doing something bigger this weekend.
    Wiggins, MS
    ·
  • Welcome!  You're already off to a great start!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

·
  • Im a new BGE member from south ms as well.  Only cooked a few basics, but planning on doing something bigger this weekend.

Cool! Glad to know there are other South MS BGE'ers here..

LBGE
    ·