Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Would this work....pswoo3 setup?

Hi

So I have concluded that i'm obsessed with this damn green egg and I don't even have it yet:)

I was lying in bed this morning wondering about my soon to come set-up and thought can you place the new pswoo3 (empty) directly on the place-setter with standard grid and have a two level set-up for indirects? The new pswoo3 is designed to hold the p.s in it but could you sit the empty woo  on top of the P.S and original grid and then use a second grid as the new higher up 2nd grid on top of the pswoo3,in this order:

P.S
org grid
pswoo3 on top of org grid empty.
grid on top of pswoo3

Hope his isn't a dumb question as i'm a total newb to all of this!!!

thanks
Jamie.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    I would only try this in situations where I needed a little extra room for say 4 racks of ribs or when we have quests and I need a little more grill space.But 99% of the time the pswo3 would be set up properly with the PS in it.

Just realized also that the drop down ring on the pswoo3 would prevent it from sitting flat on the top original grid,maybe if inverted?

But you are right hapster it probably isn't the best idea and might not fit under the dome.Bricks and a extra grid is a better option!!

By the way Hapster I really enjoy following your cooks,love the pictures and all the creative dishes you prepare.

Good luck on your lifestyle change a be sure to add some avocados to those shakes as they are super healthy!!!

• bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    The only advantage I would see would be getting high into the dome. But, as Hap said, good chance it won't fit. Although, it might fit upside down for a small pizza or something like that.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Not sure what types of cooks you are going to be doing, but it sounds like maybe the AR combo might be a better fit. Especially if you are doing a lot of big cooks like 4 or more racks of ribs. Check it out and compare it and if you have questions, give Tom a call. He'll get you what fits your needs best and not try and up-sale you.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Thanks guys. I will give Tom at CGS a call when I get my egg and talk over my options.

Jamie.
    :D