Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday cooks- stir fry and hanger steak

Options
I did a couple of different cooks today. For lunch I did chicken with pineapple and red peppers. I got the recipe from Grace Young's book, "Stir frying to the sky's edge". Turned out very well. It had good flavor, I am a huge fan of pineapple, I would have liked some heat in it though.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

For dinner I made a hanger steak from Adam Perry Lang's "Serious Barbque". Marinated the steak for 24 hours, then rubbed with spices, and basted with compound butter with a half bunch of Thyme and Rosemary tied to a wooden spoon handle. Cooked the steak to rare. Let it rest on a cutting board on top of some compound butter with the herb brush chopped. It was a little rich. In the future I would baste it less and maybe skip the butter on the board. I was very happy with it. Served with a baked potato and sautéed spinach.

Comments