Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cleaning outside of egg

Anyone do this? I wipe mine off occasionally. Wondering about waxing it???

XLBGE 
·

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,463
    Never have and it still looks good- would think wax would melt. Even at lower temps of outside of egg it feels hot enough.
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • I hit mine with some Simple Green when it looks like it needs it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • freduc2freduc2 Posts: 69
    I normally wipe mine down with a Lysol dual action wipes when I'm doing the table.
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
    ·
  • Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    I have some streaks that ran down mine from around the daisy wheel, I can't seem to clean them off, they are really stubborn. What do y'all use? I have tried oxiclean with no luck.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,463
    @centex Would suggest the his and hers. The his for the outside of the grill... Well you get the point
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • Max232 said:
    I have some streaks that ran down mine from around the daisy wheel, I can't seem to clean them off, they are really stubborn. What do y'all use? I have tried oxiclean with no luck.

i don't clean those but you could use TSP or CLR to clean the streaks.

·
  • Good gracious guys. I'm have to change my name.

XLBGE 
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Ha awesome
    Boom
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851
    Try cleaning the streaks when the dome is warm. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·