Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cleaning outside of egg

Anyone do this? I wipe mine off occasionally. Wondering about waxing it???

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
·

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,279
    Never have and it still looks good- would think wax would melt. Even at lower temps of outside of egg it feels hot enough.
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • I hit mine with some Simple Green when it looks like it needs it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • freduc2freduc2 Posts: 69
    I normally wipe mine down with a Lysol dual action wipes when I'm doing the table.
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
    ·
  • Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    I have some streaks that ran down mine from around the daisy wheel, I can't seem to clean them off, they are really stubborn. What do y'all use? I have tried oxiclean with no luck.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,279
    @centex Would suggest the his and hers. The his for the outside of the grill... Well you get the point
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • Max232 said:
    I have some streaks that ran down mine from around the daisy wheel, I can't seem to clean them off, they are really stubborn. What do y'all use? I have tried oxiclean with no luck.

i don't clean those but you could use TSP or CLR to clean the streaks.

·
  • Good gracious guys. I'm have to change my name.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,774
    Ha awesome
    Boom
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 839
    Try cleaning the streaks when the dome is warm. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·