Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My First Pizza!

Just made my first pizza on the egg.. though I did pretty good for the first time.  Cooked in at around 600, good amount of char curst at the bottom, but by the second pizza, think the stone was much hotter and the bottom of the crust was black, (HOWEVER) surprisingly it didn't taste burnt at all and it was all eaten :)

Any tips on avoiding the crust from being burned before the toppings/cheese fully melted?
·

Comments

• BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 522
    If you have the option go raised indirect. It put the pizza stone higher in the dome and helps cooks the top of the pizza quicker. I'm sure others will chime in with more tips.
    Edina, MN

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    I'm impressed you managed to roll out a nice round shaped pizza crust!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • CPARKTX said:
    I'm impressed you managed to roll out a nice round shaped pizza crust!
    I learned from an episode of bobby flay a long time ago that you always roll the dough from the middle out.  90% of the time it comes out round.
    ·