Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Romaine Salad

First time I've tried this but it will NOT be the last. One of the best salads that I have ever eaten. Followed up with a steak with balamasic mushrooms and onions. Great meal after a long day of duck hunting.
image.jpg 215.8K
image.jpg 225.5K
image.jpg 228.6K

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,491
    Hard to beat- I have been told I have to bring it to every supper club now
    Greensboro, NC
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,110
    Looks great. How did you do it? Recipe?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • salt, pepper, and olive oil. simply grill for a few minutes each side. really s great salad
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 268
    looks good---tell me more how you made it.  Any other salads---trying to eat lighter--

Thanks

Dan
  • one of my faves

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,312
    my wife wont eat a steak with out half a head beside it.  we like to add some feta after the flip and melt it a bit.
  • Well I gotta try it. Wife loves romain but she has never had it grilled. I'll toss some on tonight and surprise her. Direct, dome closed ok?
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,491
    Yes- I typically do around 350 direct for 90 secs/side. Olive oil and s/p before you put on then I top with Parmesan cheese and Girard's champagne dressing
    Greensboro, NC
  • I will do this again SOON. I can't believe how well it turned out. I like the idea of adding cheese to it. I assue it's like all other salads, the possibilities are endless.