Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cordon Bleu

I've been smoking and barbequeing for several years, but only on a leaking charcoal grill/smoker wanna-be from Sams. I've had my XL BGE for a week now and love it. I've cooked hamburgers (easy way to get acclimated), spatchcock chicken, picnic butt overnight, and turkey breast. Tonight I decided to try something I never could have done with the old beast: chicken cordon bleu. I used Tyler Florence's recipe (on the Food Network sight), baked in a cast iron skillet at 350* for 20 minutes; placement was direct on the second highest setting of the Adj. Rig. Turned out juicier than the oven! The wife said I should do it again tomorrow night!

I'm loving the long use of charcoal. This cook was fired on coals leftover from the 21-hr picnic butt cook. Why didn't anyone tell me about this wonderful toy sooner? :) 

Comments