Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first Green Egg

Options

Well after 6 to 8 months of deciding to purchase or not, we finally bit the big one and forked out the money and purchased the Large Green Egg. Now we have to learn how to BBQ all over again. We discovered this forum site and were amazed so here goes. we will need a lot of help and advice.

My wife wants to start out with a pizza, how to make the dough, sauce, how hot to get Egg how long to cook ect.

David & Cheryl

Comments

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Congrats on your purchase! and welcome to the club. BBQ will be easier than ever with the endless capabilities of the Egg, and the great folks of this forum.

Pizza is great on the egg! I have dough on a 2 day ferment as we speak. Good luck with your future cooks, and the #1 rule here is that if you don't have pics, it never happened.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Love the title. Already planting the seed for #2.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Congrats! Lots of recipes via The Google. The search function in the forum doesn't really work all that well.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMOTS
    DMOTS Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks. I have been looking all over and am learning a lot, and of course I will have to learn how to get pics on the computer and then be able to find them. I guess I will have to ask the kids LOL
  • calracefan
    Options
    Try this for your dough  http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/Using-caputo-tipo00.pdf, I cook pizza with the platesetter legs up , grill , pizza stone. Around 500 degrees F, I  let everything heat up together other wise you will need to let the stone heat up for 30 min or so. I use parchment paper to transfer the dough onto the stone , remove after a couple of minutes. Pizza will cook in less than 10 minutes.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • DMOTS
    DMOTS Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks I will check out link for dough, appreciate advice on cooking
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    Congrats !!! Welcome, and good luck on the Pizza. Post pictures...
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Congrats and welcome. It's a game-changer.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    BGE recommends low temp cooks at first to condition the gasket. Pizza is awesome on the egg. We have it here at least once per week. Try your hand at spatchcocked chicken. Chicken on the egg is amazing.

Now that you've dropped a tiny amount of cash on the egg, get ready for the accessories. The egg is a down payment on the accessories.
    Mark Annville, PA