Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Plate Setter ??

I have kept my plate setter outside in the 15 degree temperatures. If I was to put it in a hot egg, will it crack it ??
·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I am still a newbie but from what I have read I believe it is better to put a cold plate setter in a cold egg and let it heat up gradually as the egg does.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • +1 on heating it up gradually.
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,473
    Should not crack but better to get the fire started and then load up the PS, drip pan, cooking grid and anything else as the temp/fire builds.
    Louisville
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Shouldn't crack unless something is wrong with it (3 yr warrantee), but I wouldn't put a frozen platesetter into a 600+ degree egg.  If you are at 400 should be fine    
    ·