Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Time on Brisket

5-6lbs packer wondering how long it will take? any help would be great .
·

Comments

• BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 500

Are you sure it is a packer?  Generally they are 12 lbs and over.  What temp are you cooking at?  You want an IT of around 200-205 degrees.  Attached is a picture of the smallest packer I could find. 

Good luck on your cook.

DSC00609.JPG
    4320 x 3240 - 5M
    Edina, MN

·
  • Yeah actully its 8 lbs on the dot and the meat cutter at costco told us it was a packer
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    275-300 F dome, probably take 8 hours, plus or minus two hours.

·
  • Update turned out amazing, tender juicy , about a 1/4 inch smoke line very please with my 1st long smoke.

·
  • Update turned out amazing, tender juicy , about a 1/4 inch smoke line very please with my 1st long smoke.

Pics or it didn't happen!
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, breaking bad.  
    ·
  • I'll get on that thou its half gone now

·