Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Top Round Roast" experiment (follow-up and conclusions).

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
RoastBeef.jpg
<p />I decided to try to make my own Roast Beef yesterday.
I purchaced a "Prime" Top Round roast..seared on cast iron,and slow roasted...indirect on a raised grid @ 350 dome (about 300 grid level) on my Small.[p](see post from last evening for the particulairs)[p]RoastBeef1.jpg[p]Here is the Top Round...pulled after 1 1/2 hours at an internal temp of 135-140. I covered and let rest for 20 minutes.[p]RoastBeef2.jpg[p]Seasonings...Olive Oil and roasted garlic paste, salt, and cracked pepper with light cherry smoke.[p]RoastBeef3.jpg[p]Thin sliced....sammich ready!![p]RoastBeef4.jpg[p]Conclusions?[p]1) Next time, I'll pull @ 125to 130...the carryover was more than I thought it would be.
(Admittedly, I do like roast beef rare. Also...the farther in I sliced...the better I liked it).[p]2)The simple seasonings...slow roasting and light cherry smoke really let the beefy flavor of the Top Round come thru.[p]3) A slicer would be the ticket here...although I was surprised how tender it was even sliced a bit thicker.[p]4) This was a lot easier that I was thinking it would be!![p]Lastly...even using "Prime" Top Round...I saved 4-5 dollars a pound over what I'd pay at the Deli![p]I'll do this one again, for sure.[p]Evans[p][p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments