Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Sous Vide SideKic

2»

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,251
    Prime rib is already tender - not a lot of advantage to doing it sous vide when you can do it low and slow.  I'd go 131F until the center is at 131F.  There are some tables that will tell you how long that takes.

• doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Was thrilled to get my replacement today! Stopped and grabbed some steaks to redeem my fail the other night. 131 for 2.5hrs. Then a quick sear on the CI skillet next time the egg. Didn't get the sear hot enough. And realized once on the plate they had 0 seasoning! The result was still GREAT!
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Lynnwood WA
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Customer service from the guys at Sidekic has been awesome!
    Lynnwood WA