Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Cordon Bleu

I've been smoking and barbequeing for several years, but only on a leaking charcoal grill/smoker wanna-be from Sams. I've had my XL BGE for a week now and love it. I've cooked hamburgers (easy way to get acclimated), spatchcock chicken, picnic butt overnight, and turkey breast. Tonight I decided to try something I never could have done with the old beast: chicken cordon bleu. I used Tyler Florence's recipe (on the Food Network sight), baked in a cast iron skillet at 350* for 20 minutes; placement was direct on the second highest setting of the Adj. Rig. Turned out juicier than the oven! The wife said I should do it again tomorrow night!

I'm loving the long use of charcoal. This cook was fired on coals leftover from the 21-hr picnic butt cook. Why didn't anyone tell me about this wonderful toy sooner? :) 

Comments