Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza NIght on the Small

Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Simple lean dough- 4g kosher salt, 283g bread flour, 1.5g active dry yeast, 187g water divided in thirds for 3 ten inch thin crust pies. Cooked 600* on small with for about 6 minutes each. image simple pepperoni for the kids. image wife wanted same but with caramelized onions. imageimage I went for the different approach...still grasping for some luck this year I guess. I took New Years leftovers and put them on pizza. Dijon mustard for sauce then thinly sliced pork tenderloin with sauerkraut and black eyed peas. it was very good....I'm not sure if I'm surprised about that or not. image image I'm liking the small!

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,636
    What are you using for a pizza stone on your small?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    WOW! You outdid yourself with a recipe like that... If you enjoyed it, I think you should make "New Years Leftover Pizza" a New Years leftover tradition. Nice work.
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    10" stone from CGS. my setup was woo with 10" stone on the bottom for indirect and then grid on top of woo with three feet and another 10" stone for cooking on.
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,636
    Thanks. I will look into that setup.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    thanks Brownie! That's definitely a possibility...
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,198
    Nice pies, as always a very imaginative cook! 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,734
    Man those look good. I want a small egg so bad.
    edited January 2013
    Nice pies, as always a very imaginative cook! 

Thanks! It wouldn't be a MQ pizza without something being out of the box...
    Dyal_SC said:
    Man those look good. I want a small egg so bad.

Thanks...This is my third cook on the the small and I'm impressed with it so far. I'm gonna rig it up with the large to cold smoke some cheese tomorrow.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,469
    Great lookin' pies!

Thx nola.
  • Love the creativity!  Nice cooks!  :-bd
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    Thanks Kristi- have to use those leftovers somehow, and I was getting sick of just a plain reheat. I thought about that stuff in a sandwich, but really wanted to use the small for pizzas so pork and sauerkraut pizza was created!
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 968
    Great lookin' za's. As a mustard based life form I can't believe I haven't tried a pizza made that way. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    Thanks hap and jfm...give that mustard base a try...good stuff.
  • Dayum nice cooks.  Love the pork and peas pizza.  The small is really a good pizza cooking machine. The small does a great job baking bread too. 
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    Dayum nice cooks.  Love the pork and peas pizza.  The small is really a good pizza cooking machine. The small does a great job baking bread too. 

thanks! I have a batch of whole wheat sourdough that's been cold fermenting three days that's going on the small tomorrow...