Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Ribs help

sppatelsppatel Posts: 5
Hi, I recently purchased an egg and I'm struggling with being able to make great ribs.  Both times I smoked at 225 (dome), rubbed with mustard and a dry rub.  The first time I took the 2-1-1 approach and the ribs had great flavor but they seemed a little tough even though they had a perfect smoke ring and white center.  The second time I took the 2-2-1 approach.  This time I don't think the rub penetrated the meat too much and once again where tough.  I had again a good smoke ring, but many of the ribs had a grey (not white) center.  Also I can never seem to get it to pass the bounce test where I bounce the ribs to get it to crack.

Any advice on what to try next?  Any help would be appreciated.

Comments