Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ribs help

sppatelsppatel Posts: 5
Hi, I recently purchased an egg and I'm struggling with being able to make great ribs.  Both times I smoked at 225 (dome), rubbed with mustard and a dry rub.  The first time I took the 2-1-1 approach and the ribs had great flavor but they seemed a little tough even though they had a perfect smoke ring and white center.  The second time I took the 2-2-1 approach.  This time I don't think the rub penetrated the meat too much and once again where tough.  I had again a good smoke ring, but many of the ribs had a grey (not white) center.  Also I can never seem to get it to pass the bounce test where I bounce the ribs to get it to crack.

Any advice on what to try next?  Any help would be appreciated.

Comments