Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egghead Weightloss Competition

Comments

• If I do this I might have to the Lance Armstrong/Nolan Ryan Route.  Cen-Tex.........Are you sure that is meat glue that you are sniffing?
    ·
  • Might be the funniest post I've seen. Im in. Elmer Fudd is about 160 (just lost 5-10) and would like to lose another 10.
    Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
    ·
  • I've actually got a head start on you guys.  I made some kale chips this afternoon to go with my cocktails and chicken thighs.  And I'm throwing the left over Christmas cookies in the trash.

Oops.......did I say cocktails?............how do you edit this dag gummed post!
    ·
  • Hm ideas ideas, how do you do a weight loss contest and make sure everyone is honest? How about taking a video and emailing it? Something like that.

I think you guys will like the prizes so far I have collected, still looking for more.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,949
    Most large truck stops have certified scales ;)

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Skype conference call weigh in... This may just have crossed in the weird category though...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,590
    @billyray...having cancer doesn't count. Sorry. We should go 16 weeks...

br....just kidding.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • frankc623frankc623 Posts: 163
    I'd be interested in the competition. I need to lose a few LBS
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 590

I'd be in... last year I lost 25 lbs but the dang stuff found me again :))

A little extra motivation would help get back on track.

Large BGE

·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    Oh, sure ... have this contest NOW, after I've already lost 86.5lbs!  Of course, I did have gastric bypass surgery last March, so while it is by far the hardest thing I've ever gone through, some may consider it "cheating."
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I'm in, although I am not much of a threat. Let me know the particulars when you get them worked out. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago and have gained close to fifty pounds. I would love to lose some of that 50.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • I'm in. 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I'm in.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Glad to hear you already lost 85 lbs
    ·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 389

In!  I believe in the honor system.  I need to drop about 25 lbs.  Two spinal surgeries in the last year have made me pretty complacent, plus i just hurt my back again!  (i found this forum while sitting at home after the first surgery)

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
    What are we going to do as a start date? I just heard back from the great folks at ICA kitchen and they have agreed to donate a Sous Vide Sidekic as a prize for our competition! I think that's pretty darn cool. I think honor system.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Woah, now we are talking about some competition for a fun prize!!!
    ·
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • That is pretty sweet. I know it just my drive to lose some weight and win the competition.
    ·
  • Very cool. Here is a good framework for a weight loss contest (thanks to another member on here)

·
  • Looks like we have 21 people competing for 3 prizes here is up so far for winning (we may do a 1st, 2nd 3rd prizes). I am thinking of a start date of either Monday 1/7 or Monday 1/14. With a 12 week competition. I agree we have to go some sense on the honor system. I also like the idea of uploading a photo or a video of the person weighing in. Thoughts?
    ·
  • Thanks CT, good article. I think we will do the weekly weigh in, weigh in on the start date. If I can get a few more donations we can get some midway prizes as well.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    I'm in.

Do what fishing tournaments do. Take a photo with the front page of a newspaper in the pic.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    What's a newspaper ? ;-)
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Tom with Ceramic Grill Store has graciously donated a $100 gift certificate to their store!!! Thanks Tom!!!! Turning out into quite the competition!!!
    ·
    Lets start 1/7 get this thing going
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,244
    edited January 2013
    1/7 or 1/14. Makes no difference to me. I personally like starting and finishing weigh ins. I think it allows one to not show their hand.  I don't want my progress to "wake" you up. Just my opinion though. 

Also, I think the honor system is fine to an extent, but I think having a a picture of your weigh in plus a front and side profile pic will show progression and keep it honest. You will be able to tell if someone lost 30 pounds from the pics alone so I think it will help certify the statistics.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • I agree with you cazzy.
    ·
    I agree with Cazzy, I also think pictures should have a date reference like te days newspaper as Travis mentioned.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • OK, so looks like we are starting on 1/7, taking pictures of ourselves with a news paper (both front and side), then a picture of the scale. Pictures should be uploaded by 11:00pm (Eastern Time) Monday 1/7/12. (What should the cut off date to join this little competition be Sunday night?
    ·