Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egghead Weightloss Competition

Anyone up for a weightloss competition on the forum? Seen a couple of people post they are trying to lose weight for the new year. Was thinking we could do weekly weigh ins and at the end the person with the most weight or percentage of weight lost would win. I tentatively have a company lined up for a prize for the winner, not sure if that is ok or not on this forum.

Who would be interested?
·

Comments

• FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,774
    I'm down. And def gotta do % loss. Only way fair.
    Boom
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,715
    edited January 2013
    I'll give it a shot. 

Do we have to prove some of the meals are cooked on the Egg to make it Egg friendly?

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • RzeancakRzeancak Posts: 146
    i'm in
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 380
    I'm in.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Im in, I will speak with my local dealer see if they want to contribute something. Obviously something thats easily shipped... We should have an end date my weight as of yesterday morning 348Lbs Want to get to below 300lb as my initial goal with 280 making me happy.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Yea I agree. We have a start date, end date, and weekly weigh-ins. Prizes are easily shipped. Probably should do some kind of photos to prove we are actually loosing weight. Maybe a picture of the scale or a cheesy before and after picture?
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,635
    ill play, already dropped 20 thru the holidays, need to drop another unrealistic 40
    :))whoever sets this up should do it in the weightloss forum
    ·
  • Yea I will set it up. I figure we will keep pinging people who want to join for today and then start it soon. How long of a time frame should we go? 8, 12 weeks?
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,504
    edited January 2013
    ^  (I do not look as skinny as my avatar.)

I'm in.  I needed a push to get started.  Thanks fletcherfam!
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • I'm in.  I need to drop about 50 pounds, over the last 10 years at a desk job I've put on a bunch of weight.  Joining this group may give me some motivation to get off my fat a$$ and move more.  12 weeks seems like a good start.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • I like the 12 weeks, I think you could really see some good results.
    ·
  • I'm in.

·
  • Yea I agree. We have a start date, end date, and weekly weigh-ins. Prizes are easily shipped. Probably should do some kind of photos to prove we are actually loosing weight. Maybe a picture of the scale or a cheesy before and after picture?
    I'll have to find my Speedo for the pictures!
    :))

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Belmont, NC

·
  • Ha ha ha!!!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,815
    Last year's winner:

borat.jpg 198K

·
  • So does that mean your in? ;)
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,182
    I'd be in though I don't need to lose that much. More just need to motivate watching my triglycerides.
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • It won't work.  It will for about 3 weeks, but after that, I wouldn't care if Cen-Tex (as an example) beats me.  It would work if everybody ponied up $500 each to go to the winner.  That, my friends, is motivation - both negative and positive !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    12 weeks good start
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • I would be in.  Want to go from 225 to below 200. $500 would be a little much for me though, broke after holidays.
    ·
  • It won't work.  It will for about 3 weeks, but after that, I wouldn't care if Cen-Tex (as an example) beats me.  It would work if everybody ponied up $500 each to go to the winner.  That, my friends, is motivation - both negative and positive !
    In our office fantasy football league the last place team must place a tutu wearing football player trophy on his desk for the entire year, maybe we should have a little shame in the game for he/her who loses the smallest %.  

Belmont, NC

·
  • I would be up for a little shame in the game.
    ·
    Looser could have an Avatar of shame for 6 months
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 867
    edited January 2013
    Now have two companies donating prizes to the winner/s
    ·
  • bdup83bdup83 Posts: 2
    I would like to join in . The BGE is an excellent way to cook heathy as well.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,145
    edited January 2013
    I'm in but I think we need to get more creative with how we do our initial weigh in.

I'm a conspiracy theorist so I want to know someone isn't holding weight or using a faulty scale for the initial weigh in. All the weight loss contests I've done before have been live weigh ins so a Internet contest can be all more tricky. Any ideas? Anyone participated in a Internet weight loss contest?

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,145
    I'm down for contributing money if that's what's decided.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120
    I've lost 40 lbs. since June, because of throat cancer, radiation and chemo. All clear now, but if it comes back, maybe another 40, does that count. :))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • The only fair way to do this is to post our "before" pictures.  Here's mine.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120
    @VI You're killing me!!
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·