Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How Many Bookmarks Do You Have?

This is a shameless rip-off of Doc-Eggerton's thread on post counts. It got me thinking about bookmarks. I've got 90 of 'em.  Everyone posts such good lookin' recipes, I just keep hittin' the bookmark button!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

Comments

• Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,151
    I found out the hard way that bookmarks can disappear, maybe not on this forum, but they can disappear. If I really like a posted recipe, I just copy and paste it to a Pages file, keep it in my Recipe folder. I have at least a couple of hundred in there and I try to cycle through them to make sure I am using them. 

Right now, I only have 2 bookmarks from the forum, must "transfer" them to a file soon. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Mine are mostly table ideas, very few, if any recipes. I'm on iPhone now and can't (or don't know how to) find my bookmarks to check...is accessing bookmarks even possible on mobile version of forum?
    ·
  • crabboycrabboy Posts: 19
    Less than 5 and I never use them.

I'll google search everything by name.

Recipes I always copy the contents and the link into an email and send it to myself.  Label them as recipes in gmail and search for them later.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,881
    I use Living Cookbook to keep my recipes and have had it since '05 and currently have 17000+ recipes about 4000 are BBQ related.  Very easy for me to find a recipe and bring up the link eggcetera.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,962
    Zero.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    Should I bookmark this thread?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    I don't really use them anymore. Chrome does the auto fill so well I hardly have to type much of the site I want to go to and it takes me right there. Quicker then finding the correct bookmark
    ·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 766
    Bout 65 on the iPhone.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I have 12, and they're spectacular!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,361
    3 right now.  Only bookmark things I want to try and might forget about.  Other things I'll search for, although the BGE search function isn't very robust.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • 26 but I only bookmark things like travis' brisket and other things that come up all the time so I can just copy/paste to help others. I generally don't use them for myself

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    I have so many (recipes from here that I want to try) that I organize them in folders and never ever look at them again... It's a true story and a sad one at that. I really need to get with it and cook some new stuff.
    ·