Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got a new wok today - seasoned it. Pictures.

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I haven't tried that jet-style burner.  Mine has a cast iron burner, about 5" in diameter.  It might work, certainly wouldn't damage the wok.  You want the heat concentrated on the bottom, if you get too much concentration you could rig up something to raise the wok.
    Options

If you have a tank of propane laying around from your gasser days, you can pick up a propane burner for around $30, less than the price of a spider for wok cooking on the egg.  Costs a little more than the spider for the egg, but it's a lot less work and it frees your egg up.  If you want a smokey flavor, wok hei is a high temp technique that imparts a smokey flavor.  Generally, food isn't in the wok for more than a few minutes so it doesn't have time (plus the lid is open) to pick up much smoke from the lump fire.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_27743_-1__?
    Ntt=propane+burner&Ntk=All

I have a jet burner & a frying burner ill use. Thanks.