Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

National Championship Game

I need some ideas of what you guys may be cooking for the big game Monday night.
·

Comments

• What big game?
    ·
  • Bama-Notre Dame
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,561
    What big game?
    Not an Alabama or Irish fan I assume? 
    Going with an appy of water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, finished with some Trilbys BBQ sauce, Wild Marionberry for the sweet side, Chipotle for the fire eaters. 
    Basic burgers, reverse sear and topped with blue cheese and frizzled onions. I will miss some of the game as it falls smack in the middle of our dinner hour on the west coast. Typical Canadian, I'm on the fence for this one, like 'em both. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Just kidding........around here there a roll tide flag in every third yard.  For some reason the LSU flags have disappeared along with the Mississippi State flags!

I don't know what I'll cook.  I'm open to Ideas.  I might even do burgers which is something I havent cooked on the EGG.  Or maybe I'll do a "Don't Let'cha"  meatloaf.
    ·
  • Burgers and maybe some turtle eggs. Going to keep it simple since I have to work that day :-(

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,841
    I'll be watching anything else...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Yeah, maybe "Dancing With The Stars" will be on another channel.    =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,561
    henapple said:
    Yeah, maybe "Dancing With The Stars" will be on another channel.    =))
    Actually, its the Bachelor or Biggest Loser - SWMBO already checked....... :D
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 562

i may just have to order out.  i want to be  nice and relaxed on my couch before and during the game.

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I think we will start smoking smoked McCarron ribs, followed up and crush some Lacy wings.  For desert a naty title.  Peace.     
    ·
  • IrishDevl said:
    I think we will start smoking smoked McCarron ribs, followed up and crush some Lacy wings.  For desert a naty title.  Peace.     
    I believe dreams are served best crushed... Roll Tide Roll!!!
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,792
    I will be very surprised if ND pulls it off. I am a Gamecocks fan so tend to pull for SEC. I like ND, but don't think they can stand up to Bama.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,783
    I hate USC chubbs. About 10 mins from WB.
    And irshdvl ha enjoy the good bc while may win odds are not forever in your favor.
    Boom
    ·
    Chubbs said:
    I will be very surprised if ND pulls it off. I am a Gamecocks fan so tend to pull for SEC. I like ND, but don't think they can stand up to Bama.
    That hit from Clowney was quite possibly the greatest hit of all time.  
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,461
    ...and you gotta love the name - "Clowney" - reminds me of a living color episode.

·
    IrishDevl said:
    Chubbs said:
    Agreed. He is an absolute animal
    That hit from Clowney was quite possibly the greatest hit of all time.  

·
    Guy is a man child. He is19!!!! Be in NFL at 21. Will have 17+ years of being a QB nightmare if healthy and motivated.
    Boom
    ·

...and you gotta love the name - "Clowney" - reminds me of a living color episode.

Is that the Alabama front seven?
    ·
    Alabama graduates about 75% under Saban. With how much NFL talent they have that's impressive.
    Boom
    ·

Guy is a man child. He is19!!!! Be in NFL at 21. Will have 17+ years of being a QB nightmare if healthy and motivated.

I'd lose every game to get him number one.
    ·
    Louisville is beating Florida's ass.   Didn't see that comin'.  only 2nd qtr though

·

Louisville is beating Florida's ass.   Didn't see that comin'.  only 2nd qtr though

Nice when you can return one for a TD with only seven seconds played in the game.
    ·
    Yeah didn't see that coming. Think will muschamp is going to hit his players in the lockeroom? Such an angry looking fella.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    He better him em with a little " get off your ass and play football " or it's gonna be a long second half.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    Florida shot themselves in the foot, then decided to shoot the other foot. 

·

must be the uni's

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Not sure they could have hit their own feet last night! I was shocked how well Louisville manhandled Fla's line. Game was not as close as the final score
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    Not sure they could have hit their own feet last night! I was shocked how well Louisville manhandled Fla's line. Game was not as close as the final score

Agreed, Florida was pathetic last night.  Amazing how many freshmen they have on the team though.  Gonna be killer in 1-2 years.

·
    that Oline was turrrible
    ·
  • Florida shot themselves in the foot, then decided to shoot the other foot. 

Lol this was pretty funny!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·