Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ham Ham Everywhere, Help!

From Christmas day until New Years Day. 2 hams were cooked, one on Christmas Day and the other on New Years Day.
There was ham everywhere:

On BGE:

Leftovers from 2 cooks:

And along the way some more burgundy shrooms, luv them crack fixes:

Nine hours in the pot on stove:

Sweet sour chicken with snow peas:

Pork fried rice.

So far have made a pot of chili beans with one ham bone, some ham salad and breakfast a few time with eggs. Other than pot of soup, mac & cheese casserole, any other thoughts for leftover ham? TIA and Happy New Year

Richard Melbooooring Fl.
·

Comments

• My neighbors always brings me the ends of their HoneyBaked ham at Christmas.  They think the dog is getting it.....  Nope, none for rover.  I got a ton of ham off that sucker for all my southern good luck foods on NYD.
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,470
    The last remainders of the spiral cut ham, double smoked a'la Egret, are diced into tiny bits. Already did beans and ham, and potato and ham soups. Did the ham salad. Had some in scrambled eggs last night. Will devil some, and use some for a variation on spaghetti carbonara. At this point, I'm sort of ham'd out.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,271
    Richard I think you are just showing off now =D>
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,113
    edited January 2013
    I'm getting ready to make Pinto Beans again...

Pinto Beans

I love the carbonara idea, @gdenby!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
    NecessaryIndulg if I only had one meal to go.......... That and a little Geaux Jus over the top.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,837
    Mickey, got a new phone and lost your #, please call if interested in further communications, thank you!
    ·

No

·
  • Mickey said:

No

Now that's funny right there!
    :))

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • My neighbors always brings me the ends of their HoneyBaked ham at Christmas.  They think the dog is getting it.....  Nope, none for rover.  I got a ton of ham off that sucker for all my southern good luck foods on NYD.
    They hope your dog is getting the leftover...they probably let their cats and dogs lick on it before they bring to you :)
    ·

They hope your dog is getting the leftover...they probably let their cats and dogs lick on it before they bring to you :)
    Browningold,  I don't know where you are from but down here in the south we have a lot of household pets because we can't afford dish washers!
    ·
  • BrowninggoldBrowninggold Posts: 453
    edited January 2013
    Same here....wife keeps rescuing all the stray cats. They are like a bunch of Voltures come dinner time. BTW a Michigander.
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,340
    Ham works well in jambalaya.  We used our leftover ham in that for dinner tonight.  
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,286
    French Canadian pea soup. Nuthin better

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Is there such a thing as too much pork?

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,340
    Is there such a thing as too much pork?
    only if it is taxpayer financed...
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·