Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread Machine Dough?

I want to try bread on my Egg but have no experience baking. Has anyone used a bread machine to make the dough and then baked it in the Egg?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• The Egg is a natural for baking bread.  It's like Old World style.  I use several different configurations of bricks and other homemade items depending on what type of bread I make.  My mother baked her own bread each week for her entire life.  We were lucky children.  She always made pizza when she made bread.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • I have used my bread machine to make pizza dough, worked great.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    SamFerrise that looks great, at what temperature are you baking the bread? Any particular reason for the inverted perforated pan you are using, I had planned to use the pizza stone? 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • That particular loaf was a very rustic bread and needed good air flow to ensure even cooking.  The plate setter is below, leg up temp was about 400.  In some of my breads I add about 2 Tbs cornmeal for added texture.  This is the bread I grew up on.  It still works and makes the best sandwiches.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!