Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

cooking la plancha

got a simple cook book called la plancha over the holidays, simple gook, marinades and sauces, but really vibrant looking flavors. dont have a simple plate to cook on yet so used the fry pan, used a modified trex style cook that was sear rest roast, then high heat again to finish. worked pretty well

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,258
    edited January 2013
    Sundown said:
    fish

where's the chowdah?
    this was deepsouths creole chowder, its an incredible chowder base, starts with sauted bell peppers, onions, celery, and garlic, adds a little crunch, then some wine1/2 cup and cognac1 teaspoon and simmer it down, add some frozen corn and potatoes and a quart and a half of chicken stock, and simmer til potaoes are soft, tablespoon and a half creole seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon cayanne, 6 strips cooked bacon and all the bacon grease, add a butter roux, heavey creme, half and half, shrimp scollops, lobster, then a can of crab. its a hundred dollar pot of chowder, its a little spicey but after a couple spoon fulls you dig right in
    :D
    this would easily win a chowdah comp

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,251
    Sundown said:
    fish

where's the chowdah?
    this was deepsouths creole chowder, its an incredible chowder base, starts with sauted bell peppers, onions, celery, and garlic, adds a little crunch, then some wine1/5 cup and cognac1 teaspoon and simmer it down, add some frozen corn and potatoes and a quart and a half of chicken stock, and simmer til potaoes are soft, tablespoon and a half creole seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon cayanne, 6 strips cooked bacon and all the bacon grease, add a butter roux, heavey creme, half and half, shrimp scollops, lobster, then a can of crab. its a hundred dollar pot of chowder, its a little spicey but after a couple spoon fulls you dig right in
    :D
    this would easily win a chowdah comp

Now you're talking my language!  Sounds great.  We made a Oyster Rockefeller stew on Monday. Complete with the anise, fresh spinach and ersahs.

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,258
    i could eat chowder everyday, would weigh 500 pounds though
    :)) this was the first batch, for xmas, second batch was with crab and shrimp and pureed butternut squash instead of taters for new years. got a recipe for rockefeller stew, i dont think ive ever had a cooked oyster