Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Pizza

Finally got a pizza stone and a plate setter for Christmas, so no more messing with the fire bricks for the indirect cooks.  After recruiting the child labor,  the pizza was assembled. Kept it basic with pepperoni, onions, cheese and left over slices of new york strip.  The kiddos had a blast, and with the exception of a little to much dough it turned out great. Will be adding to the standard rotation of cooks. 
Pizza 1.JPG 224.8K
·

Comments

• Nice. I got a stone for my birthday , but have yet used it.I need to try ot out!!

·
  • Looks great!  I like the leftover NY strip for toppings - great idea.  

What kind of stone is that?  

By the way, cute kids!
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • The stone is a Emile Henry stone, worked great and seems to get good reviews.
    ·