Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Question concerning leftovers...

So on Saturday night I cook a ribeye to medium rare for my wife, she only eats half of it. It's now Tuesday and the steak has been in the fridge since then. Is it safe to eat? Should it be cooked to well done or is it safe to just warm to desired temp? Wondering if there is an "official" guideline?
HOTTY TODDY!

Comments

• perfectly safe. no need to cook at all if you don't want to
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • jfarleyjfarley Posts: 145
    I'm not a health department professional, but I would have no issue with eating that steak. Today I ate the meat off three of the ribs from my Christmas day prime rib that have been in the fridge for a week. That was more than five hours ago and I'm still not retching.
    LBGE - July 2012
    Valencia, CA
  • with leftovers, they will smell and look funky when they are done. I would easily eat them after a week if I knew they were kept at safe temps. This topic always gets people fired up so do what you feel is safe....but you are fine
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 19,255
    I think the biggest danger would be your wife angry about you eating the rest of her ribeye.

;)

• You are good. No worries at all...except maybe that your wife will be mad like nola said
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,410
    happens all the time here, my wife never finishes her steak.  makes a great sandwich the next day.
  • Put it in an omlette