Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Staub 5 qt Oval

Tonight my wife got me a Staub Enameled 5 qt Oval Cast Iron roasting pot.  Just what I have been looking for and of course she got it on sale to boot. What a great gal.  Now to figure out the first cook...
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Comments

• paqmanpaqman Posts: 634
    edited January 2013
    http://www.creativecookware.com

This place has the best prices I could find (in Canada) for good quality CI cookware.  Have you seen the Staub's replacement animal theme knobs?

I would not use nice enameled CI in the egg...  I use cheaper Lodge CI in the egg.

Item onTV today about the Staub 5 Qt. Seems to be a problem with the inside material. Please mail it to me for an inspection as I do not want you to have to experince this CI. No problem, happy to do it for you :-c
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini....

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 9,002
    I wouldn't have a problem putting enameled CI in the egg.  The coating, vitreous enamel, is fused powdered glass.  As long as you don't do anything crazy like put it in the coals and crank it up to 1200 F, your only problem will be making it look nice after it's coated with grease and soot.

• Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Zero issues using my Le Creuset pieces on egg. All grease and soot easily comes right off after a few minute soak in Oxyclean.