Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Porterhouse

Options
Jopa
Jopa Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We did a couple citrus T-Rex'd fired portrhouse steaks last night.Enjoyed them with a Groth Merlot Oakville 02.Delicious

7-30-051.jpg[p]
7-30-055.jpg[p]
7-30-059.jpg[p]

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Jopa,[p]Nice. You are out "wine geek-ing" me. Will post solo dry aged ribeye tonight with a nice cab. Your's looks great. I am a fan of Groth.

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    Joe,
    Looking forward to your pictures.There is something special about wine and beef.Without a good red a great steak is incomplete.Have you tried the Groth Cab reserva 98? Its beyond great.I have a 6 pound brisket thats been on since 5:30 and am planning on a Calamity Zin.Have a good afternoon and happy Qing
    Joe

• Unknown
    Options
    Jopa,[p]Haven't tried the Reserve Groth. I am a hard core wine geek though. Tried to post over at BGE.net, but couldn't for some reason. My handle there is Chicago Wine Geek. Tonight probably going with a 2001 Elyse Tajetian Cab.
  • Chicago Wine Geek
    Options
    Jopa,[p]Couldn't figure out how to post images here, so I posted them at BGE.net.
  • Chicago Wine Geek
    Options
    Jopa,

Dry aged ribeye, light olive oil, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder. Variation on the Trex: Seared 2 min. per side at 700, closed the bottom vent to 1/2", daisy wheel open 1/3" for 8 minutes. Went for a big boy cab, 1999 Shafer Hillside Select. Delicious!

Fdaypics2005.jpg
    Fdaypics2006.jpg
    Fdaypics2007.jpg
    Fdaypics2008.jpg