Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

best wireless thermometer. suggestions please

I would like a way to monitor the temperature of my meat and the temperature of my egg wirelessly while cooking. Does anyone here use the iGrill device? Or is the Maverick better? Thanks!
·

Comments

• I love my maverick
    ·
  • just used my new iGrill for the first time yesterday. 14hr low and slow overnight. worked like a champ. decent enough range to stay connected anywhere in my house.

it's not pure wireless in that you can't leave bluetooth range and stay connected, but kept a constant monitor on two probes  (one for meat temp & one for grid temp). The dowloadable graph of temp/time is also nice.

So far, so good. I'm new to low and slow so I don't have a comparison to the Maverick.
    ·
  • PjoePjoe Posts: 224
    Dont know about the other one but I used a Maverick 732 with good results until I bought a Stoker.
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING
    ·
  • Like my Maverick. Used all summer and never lost wireless sync.
    ·
  • I like the Maverick a lot
    ·
  • I have used the iGrill and Maverick with good success. My research suggests maverick is a better overall product and more durable.

I have heard a number of problems with the temperature probes on the iGrill being faulty. I have not had that problem.

I prefer the iGrill for the capacity to print out the temperature spreadsheets/cooking pattern. For fun ,when I cook meat for someone else like a Boston butt, I will print off the 12 hour graph so they can see how the meat was cooked...More of a conversation piece that anything else. You have the capacity to save each chart/file if you get into the science of cooking. I do...

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

·
  • I love my Maverick. I have used it for all my low and slows with no issues.
    ·
  • I love my maverick also...have used it for 5 plus years... no problems.
    ·