Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Temp to reheat???

I Smoked my butt on Fri. Heating it up tonight and was wondering what the internal temp should be.

Comments

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I'm sure there are multiple ways to do this, but when I find myself in your situation I wrap the butt in HD alum foil, spray it with apple juice to get some moisture, then I put it in a 250-300 degree oven just until it gets warm enough to pull.

I have never measured the IT. I just leave it in oven until it is warm enough to pull easily.

Someone will come along and give you a more "scientific" way to do it, but this works.
  • I ended up keeping the butt in the foil and injected it with some apple cider vin. 350 for about an hour and it turned out great!!
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I turbo cook my butts in foil.  When they come off the egg they go into a small cooler for an hour, or more if the serving time sides up to four or five hours.  If serving the next day or later, i leave it in the foil and refrigerate it.  About 90 minutes before serving, i take it out of the refrig and into a 300 degree oven for about 80 minutes -- then pull it and serve it.  Since it is turbo cooked and injected, there is plenty of juice to moisten the pork up !!