Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Standing Rib Roast

6 Lb Bone in Standing Rib Roast. Home made Garlic & fresh herb paste, on my large BGE. Off the hook!!!
·

Comments

• tdeatertdeater Posts: 37
    On the  Egg at 400 for 30 min then 325 for about 3 hours. I pulled it off the grill at 130 Internal temp. Wrapped in foil and rested for 20 min.
    ·
  • Looks good. Them Deer really come in close also :)
    ·
  • Used this method for my first standing rib roast on my Lg BGE, definitely OFF THE HOOK! Used my internal BGE thermometer with my remote monitor waiting for 130F internal temp. Slipped up and let the internal temp get up to 140 but pulled the roast and let it rest for about 30 minutes before slicing. Very juicy, retained a lot of juice and still had some nice rare slices in the middle. Outside had a nice bark effect and the taste was awesome, our dinner guests loved it. Planning on a repeat this weekend for another dinner party, more folks this time so shoot for a larger roast? Any recommendations on lbs person as I usually figure about 1/2 lb per dinner guest. Will attach pictures later.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    Nice cook.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • tdeater said:
    On the  Egg at 400 for 30 min then 325 for about 3 hours. I pulled it off the grill at 130 Internal temp. Wrapped in foil and rested for 20 min.
    tdeater: was this director or indirect?  Thanks!
    Indianapolis, Indiana.  Go Colts & Hoosiers!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,718
    My mouth is watering.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • That is one of my all time favorite meals, rib roast on the Egg.   Great looking cook!
    ·
  • @Kortneys

Indirect

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Amazing cook man!!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • @MrCookingNurse - thanks!
    Indianapolis, Indiana.  Go Colts & Hoosiers!
    ·
  • And a Sweetwater IPA! Fantastic meal!
    ·
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,162
    Yup. Your backyard is amazing too.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    ·
  • Is that a goat back there?  Oh the other meat looks great too.

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 969
    That looks great. Did you add any liquid to the pan you cooked it in?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • Indirect using a plate setter?
    Bronxville, New York. XLBGE, MBGE
    ·
  • Indirect with Plate Setter feet up, Yes I did put a little beef broth in the pan.
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    What was in the paste?  Garlic and…thyme?…parsley?…sage?…any oil or butter?
    ·