Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Look what Santa brought me for Christmas . . .

Digging the mini!  Cooked up a couple of grass-fed rib-eyes for the in-laws, super quick and tasty.
·

Comments

• KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Just curious. I don't own a mini but I want one , my question is, that flame looks like it is all over your dome gasket. How the heck does that thing not get fried?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • BadongBadong Posts: 126
    This is a pic of the starter burning on my first cook.  Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    Can you cook indirect on a mini?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Can you cook indirect on a mini?
    Yes.  With a woo from CGS and a pizza stone.  I'm ordering the woo and I just received a pair of 8.5" pizza stones from Amazon.  One stone is for indirect cooks and the other to cook pizza on.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Kosko said:
    Just curious. I don't own a mini but I want one , my question is, that flame looks like it is all over your dome gasket. How the heck does that thing not get fried?

It's just like any other egg....the gasket is gonna get fried. Mine is well on its way.

But yes, when you light it like that with a flame it will burn it.

@henapple - yes you can cook indirect with the set up Freddy mentioned. 5 very large Turtle Eggsimage

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • You can do any type of cook on the mini. The gasket has about the same life span as the other eggs.
    If you want some cooking ideas go to you tube and search for "Magic Mini Moments". There are now 4 sequels. Plus a lot of other cooks.
    Enjoy your mini.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
    2nd cook tonight.  So fast.  The large is being occupied by a 14 lb. brisket and a pork shoulder for tomorrow night, so I fired up the mini and cooked up a couple of rib-eyes and some sausage for the in-laws.  Good stuff!
    ·

Kosko said:
    I just started closing the lid immediately after lighting.  Problem solved.
    ·