Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Coffee Rub Brisket

Cooked a 8.3 lb brisket for New Years Eve get together.  Cooked for 17 hours at 220 dome temp.  Couldn't get brisket to the magic "200" temp so I increased temperature to 300-325 for last hour and pulled it at 18 hours total smoking time.  Fork Tender.  Used a coffee rub with ground espresso, gave it a very rich and full flavor.  Getting ready to have leftovers for New Years Day with Black-Eyed Peas.  Lesson Learned:  Don't pull it until its done.  Was getting frustrated that my math (1.5 hours per pound) didn't work and the brisket was still on the BGE after 15 hours.  Best Practice: This brisket had a large fat cap, it was pretty thick so I scored it, the ridges were like a built-in baster to the meat.

• Nice lookin briskie ya got there!

Shangri la where life is beautiful and everybody's happy.

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,657
    Do you mail?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Mickey thats great - I would be glad to mail you one!  Just need to figure out packing & shipping.  Happy new year!

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,657
    Thanks Miles. When you get stationed back at Ft Hood I expect it on the menu.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).