Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Years Resolution?

Options
Happy New Year everyone! Just curious what everyone's resolutions are for 2013? Mine are pretty simple, get in shape (had both of my knees replaced in the last year and finally at the point I can work out again), take a more active role in this forum, start cooking healthy on the egg!
Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."

Comments

• Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    Options
    The Egg has made the Adkin's diet much easier for me (I didn't really follow it, I just already knew what I needed to do). I have lost 40 pounds since Feb. 2012, wasn't fast but it has been steady. I have made serious diet changes, stopped drinking sodas and eat high protein, low carbohydrate, as many veggies and salad as I want. I still have a way to go, so I suppose my resolution is to "keep on Eggin".......now that's a tough one!
    :))
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    None for me, I like what Fred says - just sets me up for disappointment. It is a new year and a good time to make a change for those that want to, usually the change is eat less of the bad stuff, eat more of the good stuff, get more active. Easy after two solid weeks of doing nothing and eating way too much of everything - well maybe after Superbowl.......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I'm like the Fonz, combing his hair in the mirror.  Why mess with perfection?  :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• rustypotts
    Options
    I don't make resolutions either, but I have a few things I want to do this year.  I want to eat even healthier food.  I plan to buy a freezer and buy grass fed beef, a good quality hog and natural chickens.  I want to grow more organic veggies.

I also need to lose a few(well.....actually more than just a few) lbs.  And what will I do with all this new found health and vitality?  Do more fly fishing down in the Louisiana marsh.

I might also quit drinking............Naaaaaa!