Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hand Tossed Pizza

Let's see if I can tell this story straight.

We're doing our regular pepperoni pizza for New Year's Eve.  I have to do it on the LBGE because the XL is occupied with cold smoking cheese.  I have never cooked pizza on the LBGE because I did not have a stone that size until recently.  I know I don't want to push the envelop for rolling the dough out, because of the smaller stone.  That said, and one too many glasses of pink champagne, and the next thing you know I am tossing the dough.

Cool, it might be Publix dough,but I am spinning over my head!  Turned out only slightly smaller than a rolled pie, and was thin in the middle and thick around the edge.  I may never roll a pie again :-)

Was actually easier and less mess than rolling it out.

Pics to follow.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,308
    Pics
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    What temp did you cook it at?

Looks good, but almost looks like the bottom cooked too fast and the top did not have enough time to brown up like the cheese. 
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,308
    Cooked at 400.  There is less air space around the edges on the LBGE than on the XL, and it did lean a little toward your comment.  Moreover, I usually put down cheese and then the pepperoni on top to get nice crispy sausage.  For some unknown reason I put the cheese on top this time.  Overall this was just a common pie, but the hand tossing was fun.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Doc and Whiskey Man getting it done!!!
    ·
  • Forget the pics, Doc.  Where's the video?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,825
    edited January 2013
    Good looking pie Doc, others might not, but I trust you and believe your story of the crust toss. Looks like your average pie - but I bet it was a lot more fun. 
    Happy New Year!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited January 2013
    There's an old saying on the forum ....

No video?  Didn't happen.   
    :))

The pizza looks fantastic though, Pasquali.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·