Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Szechuan Prawns

Options
Village Idiot
Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
After awhile, lots of Chinese dishes start looking the same.  However, there are vast differences in taste.  I was very pleased with this recipe.  I watched this video  ( http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfwnky_great-chefs-szechuan-prawns_news#.UOIvXInjlgu )image 
 It didn't give any ingredient amounts so I just put in what I thought would be good.  I didn't take notes, but I think I nailed it.  It was super good.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Been MIA for a while Gary. I am back now and as always looks amazing. I need to reseason my wok. Has a little rust. How do I do that?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Fantastico, Luigi!  Molto bueno.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• JerkChicken
    Options
    Damn that looks good!
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I have eaten at Chef Chu's.  This was one of our groups favorite restaurants on the the Peninsula-  Heck we would drive down from Genentech in South San for lunch.  
    Dayum you nailed it and brought back some great meal memories.  Thanks
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    @Chubbs If it's just a little rust, I'd take some steel wool and rub it out.  If it is a bunch of rust, I would toss it and buy another one.  They only cost a little over $20.  To me, the real seasoning comes from use.   The initial seasoning is to get the metallic taste out of the new steel.  After the steel wool, you might want to heat it up on the stove, then pour some oil in it, and twirl it around a few times, like you were going to do a stir fry.  That's all I'd do.

@AE.  How exciting !  I hadn't heard of Chef Chu, but I bet he has a wonderful restaurant.  I'd love to go there.  Glad it brought back good memories.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Options

wow, that looks great!

Happy New Year everybody!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    MDSH (my dear sweet husband) and I just look at the dish and said "wow" that even looks hot! We just had your cashew chicken the other night. Glad you keep inspiring me. Thanks. Happy New Yeats! <:-P
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Thanks so much for this. I'll be making my own version in the next week. Looks fabulous, and I love broccoli with spicy seafood.  
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia