Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Duck Success!

Made homemade Peking Duck tonight and it turned out great. Cooked a 4.5 lb duck at 375 indirect; it cooked surprisingly quickly, about 1.5 hours until 170 internal. Very moist and skin was crispy yet still tender (or at least not chewy). Sides of fried rice and scallion crepes. The wife did those inside, I haven't tried my hand at woking on the Egg yet.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
·

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,246
    Now I'm hungry. Looks very good.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 897
    Leftover duck for lunch...reheats great!
    ·
  • Looks great!  So what makes the Duck "Peking"?  Sauce?
    ·
    @rustypotts - it's a famous style on preparing the duck, you'll readily find it in Chinese restaurants and markets delicious. See: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peking_Duck
    ·
  • Looks mighty tasty! Way to go!
    ·
  • I've seen it hanging in a local market but have never had it.  Wiki says that it is a special breed of duck and that it is just roasted.  Did you get a special duck in an Asian market?
    ·
    @rustypots - I got a regular duck from Centeal Market and used a recipe from BBQ Bible, very simple rub (sesame oil, Chinese Five Spice, salt, pepper), plus the dip sauce and buns.
    ·