Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Duck Success!

Made homemade Peking Duck tonight and it turned out great. Cooked a 4.5 lb duck at 375 indirect; it cooked surprisingly quickly, about 1.5 hours until 170 internal. Very moist and skin was crispy yet still tender (or at least not chewy). Sides of fried rice and scallion crepes. The wife did those inside, I haven't tried my hand at woking on the Egg yet.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 882.2K
image.jpg 846K
·

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,285
    Now I'm hungry. Looks very good.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 928
    Leftover duck for lunch...reheats great!
    ·
  • Looks great!  So what makes the Duck "Peking"?  Sauce?
    ·
    @rustypotts - it's a famous style on preparing the duck, you'll readily find it in Chinese restaurants and markets delicious. See: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peking_Duck
    ·
  • Looks mighty tasty! Way to go!
    ·
  • I've seen it hanging in a local market but have never had it.  Wiki says that it is a special breed of duck and that it is just roasted.  Did you get a special duck in an Asian market?
    ·
    @rustypots - I got a regular duck from Centeal Market and used a recipe from BBQ Bible, very simple rub (sesame oil, Chinese Five Spice, salt, pepper), plus the dip sauce and buns.
    ·