Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked dome

Fired up my egg today it's been cold here in NNY. The egg hit 350 I heard a pop looked over the egg and found a crack across the dome, going on call my dealer see what they say.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    If you bought new should be covered under warranty. How old is the Egg?
  • I just got a new base on my 8 yr old egg. Good luck. They will ask you for pictures to send to the mothership. Make sure they are as clear as you can get them. If you bought it new and have all your receipts, they will take care of you. I didn't have my receipt and still got taken care of.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I had a base crack and they took care of it with no problems.  Good luck.  PS: the dome was defective; the cold shouldn't make any difference.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• The egg is only a year old. I called my dealer today and sent him pics he called me back in less then an hour telling me i can get my new dome anytime.
  • Robert15t said:
    The egg is only a year old. I called my dealer today and sent him pics he called me back in less then an hour telling me i can get my new dome anytime.
    awesome. And that's why you buy new and buy an egg. What most people don't realize is that even though other ceramic cookers have the same warranty, their dealer network can be spotty and you would be paying $150 in freight to get a new base or dome if you didn't have a local dealer. My dealer is awesome too
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX