Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatchcock capacity of a large egg?

Can I fit two spatchcock chickens onto a large BGE? Don't want to cut them to find out, hopefully someone already tried this.

If they won't fit, I will roast them whole on the grid. Any advice about that? Indirect, 325?

Thanks
LBGE

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    YES.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• jscarfojscarfo Posts: 399
    i fit 2  5lbers on my large a little tight but came out fine
  • I can get two on my medium, so unless you are dealing with huge FrankenBirds, no problem. 
    Lately, I've started parting out the birds, put the legs on, then the breast then the wings - every thing cooks, nothing overcooks. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    edited December 2012

:)] photobucket sucks today
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 100
    For Thanksgiving I cooked 2 spatchcocked turkeys (12-14lbs) on the egg at once.  I used the 2 tier grill.  It took under 2 hours and they came out better than fried.  

Sorry for the small pic but this has taken over an hour to post.

• I do two all the time, I'll split one of the two in half between the breast to make it easier.