Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

photobucket sucks after paying $$

for the past two weeks photobucket has worked outstanding. they contackted me two weeks ago time to pay. working so well i did 2 years $$. NOW BACK TO SUCKS. can't get back to org after 8 trys today.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Why would you use photobucket?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Not that bright grasshopper.
    Just got this from photobucket.

Frank (Photobucket Support)
    Dec 31 10:33 am (MST)

Good day!

Thanks for reporting this. Something went awry last night with opting out, its not working. Our engineers have found the problem and are fixing it now! We're putting an article up on our
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I thought photobucket was free.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    its working for me here i think. from pbucket copy the direct link, come here and click on the insert image button, a small screen appears, delete whats in the screen, then paste your pbucket direct link and hit submit
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    edited December 2012
    Both free and pay site. Went by if it cost it is better. WRONG

• Mickey

Why would you use photobucket?

What Grasshopper are you using?
    Let's do lunch. Still have another bag of the lump you like.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    good that they are bringing back the old. for what its worth mickey, i dont post pics here too often because between pbucket and this sites lets hide the insert image button its too problematic for me and with a gazillion pbucket pics im kinda committed to them now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    Good news. Started working and got to go back to old/org one.

• Mickey - don't you have a shiny new iMac? Whats wrong with iPhoto - it is part of the initial software load on Macs, iLife.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey - don't you have a shiny new iMac? Whats wrong with iPhoto - it is part of the initial software load on Macs, iLife.....

Yes but I am an idiot. I can work photobucket ( when said bucket is working). And as I think I understand you still have to send them to said "bucket" to post????????

• Mickey said:

Yes but I am an idiot.
    Hey!  I resemble that comment ! 8-}

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    edited December 2012
    Mickey said:

Yes but I am an idiot.
    Hey!  I resemble that comment ! 8-}
    Dear VI. You are up on such things. Can you post from iPhoto or do you just send stuff from iPhoto to photobucket anyway?

• Mickey said:
    Dear VI. You are up on such things. Can you post from iPhoto or do you just send stuff from iPhoto to photobucket anyway? 
    Mickey,

I don't use iPhoto.  I take my pictures into Photoshop to clean them up a bit.  Then, I FTP (file transfer protocol) to my website.  I have a folder on my website called "forum" and I post there.
    To display it on the forum, I click on the picture icon up at the top right, and key in the URL (http://willsononline.com/forum/xxxxx.jpg

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    ...hadn't heard FTP in a while...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Mickey

Only VI. Guy has knowledge under his finger nails.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Mickey said:

Only VI. Guy has knowledge under his finger nails.
    Mickey, I think what @MaskedMarvel was referring to is the use of FTP is pretty much a thing of the past. FTP originated with the net decades ago, since then, there has been a constant evolution of ways to move data. I'm sure VI has his reasons and secure connections in place, he obviously knows what he is doing. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Yep.  I use File Zilla.  Reason:  It's free.  It's fast.  It's easy.  It's like moving from one folder to another on your own computer.

Dripping Springs, Texas.