Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Prime Rib

BigTex33BigTex33 Posts: 40
Didn't expect snow on Christmas in Texas, but it happened. First time using the reverse sear method for prime rib; was a hit with the family. I didn't even get pictures of the final product because it went quickly. Smoked at 225-250* until around 115* internal temp then removed plate setter and cooked direct on all sides until internal temp was 130*. Almost perfectly pink all the way through. Thank you, Eggheadforum!
image.jpg 1.8M
·

Comments

• Another convert! Congrats on the cook, it was a hit obviously. Now try reverse sear with a steak....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,808

I was in Plano Christmas Day for the start of that snow.

Be sure and come to Salado in March to pick up a few tricks on the Egg.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • i live in central canada and we dont have any snow yet!and u have snow in texas!!!

·