Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

My first brisket

I've had my large egg for a year now and have had some good success with pulled pork, ribs, chicken but had never tried to do a brisket. I did a lot of research on methods and temp etc and finally took the plunge. My lovely wife purchased a packer brisket from Snake River Farms for me as a Christmas present. My method which is borrowed mostly from tips posted on YouTube by Aaron Franklin is as follows: Temp 250F using a Digi Q BGE charcoal, 4 oak chunks Rub: 50% kosher salt and 50% black pepper Brisket weight before trimming 12.5# Total cook time 13 hours I used a pan under to brisket on top of the plate setter with water to maintain moisture and after 8 hours placed some parchment paper under it. I had read Aaron wraps his brisket when almost done in butcher paper instead of foil to prevent moisture loss and also prevent the bark from falling apart in foil. . I couldn't find butcher paper locally so I added some parchment paper on the bottom and top and closed the lid again. Pulled from egg at 203F It was delicious! Very juicy! The fat just melted in your mouth! I have some leftovers and am looking forward to a brisket sandwich tomorrow!

Comments