Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Look what Santa brought me for Christmas . . .

Options
Digging the mini!  Cooked up a couple of grass-fed rib-eyes for the in-laws, super quick and tasty.

Comments

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    Just curious. I don't own a mini but I want one , my question is, that flame looks like it is all over your dome gasket. How the heck does that thing not get fried?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    Options
    This is a pic of the starter burning on my first cook.  Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Can you cook indirect on a mini?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:
    Can you cook indirect on a mini?
    Yes.  With a woo from CGS and a pizza stone.  I'm ordering the woo and I just received a pair of 8.5" pizza stones from Amazon.  One stone is for indirect cooks and the other to cook pizza on.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Kosko said:
    Just curious. I don't own a mini but I want one , my question is, that flame looks like it is all over your dome gasket. How the heck does that thing not get fried?

It's just like any other egg....the gasket is gonna get fried. Mine is well on its way.

But yes, when you light it like that with a flame it will burn it.

@henapple - yes you can cook indirect with the set up Freddy mentioned. 5 very large Turtle Eggsimage

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    You can do any type of cook on the mini. The gasket has about the same life span as the other eggs.
    If you want some cooking ideas go to you tube and search for "Magic Mini Moments". There are now 4 sequels. Plus a lot of other cooks.
    Enjoy your mini.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Badong
    Options
    2nd cook tonight.  So fast.  The large is being occupied by a 14 lb. brisket and a pork shoulder for tomorrow night, so I fired up the mini and cooked up a couple of rib-eyes and some sausage for the in-laws.  Good stuff!
  • Badong
    Options

Kosko said:
    I just started closing the lid immediately after lighting.  Problem solved.