Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Year's Pork Loin

I have the entire in law family coming over NYD for pork, black eyed peas, and collards  I have a 9.5# pork loin, which is way bigger than I have ever cooked. If I plan to cook indirect at 350, how long should I plan on? I'm thinking 4 hours but don't want to be way off on the timing.
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    The length of the loin should not affect the length of the cook that much, it's the thickness. See all the recent posts on Prime Rib cooks for Christmas. Here's one I did recently, and will be doing again for NEw Years. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143729/quick-dinner-tonight-roast-pork#latest
  • lecramslecrams Posts: 106
    Thanks Tjcoley, so how long did the 3 pounder take?
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Took just over an hour. Just be sure to cook to temp, not time, and don't over cook it.
  • lecramslecrams Posts: 106
    Between the guru and the thermapen, I've got the temp covered. However, if I tell the inlaws we are eating at 5 and don't eat till 8, I'll need a couch to sleep on. Just trying to make sure I have the timing right.
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 839
    Really won't take more than an hour and start checking at 40. You want the internal temp to be 135 so it reaches 140 with a rest. I had a particularly flat one (2.5 inches) that finished the other day in 35 at 350 indirect. (It was room temp when I started it.)
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·