Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

barbeque shrimp help

Options
tinman
tinman Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
anyone with a good recipe cajun style? cooked in a sauce pan with butter?
jorge

Comments

• Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Options
    tinman,
    Here is a link to the Food network. Once there, type in Cajun Fiery Shrimp in the recipe search. It should get you to a great Paula Deen recipe. You can read the reviews if you want. This is an awsome recipe.

[ul][li]http://www.foodnetwork.com[/ul]

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    tinman,[p]This is a Mexican recipe I use as a starting point. You can add other spices to change the flavorprint of the dish.[p]~thirdeye~[p]Camarones al Mojo de Ajo
    Shrimp marinated in Garlic[p]
    1 lb. large prawns
    15 cloves of garlic (at least)
    ¾ t salt
    ¾ t fresh ground pepper
    ¾ t white vinegar
    3-6 T olive oil
    3-5 T butter
    3-5 T fresh lime juice[p]From the underside, using scissors, cut the underbelly only. You can leave the heads and legs on.[p]Prepare 7 or 8 cloves of garlic by: Finely chopping or puree in blender or use garlic press. The prepared garlic in the jar works great also.[p]Marinate prawns in garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper for about one hour in a plastic baggie, turning at least three times.[p]Heat about half of the butter and the olive oil in a heavy skillet. Add the prawns (and the marinade) and sauté allowing the shells turn a nice orange color. About 4 to 6 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp. Don’t overcook the shrimp! Lower the heat, add 7 or 8 cloves (or more) of chopped garlic. Cook for 1 minute (be careful not to burn the garlic! You may have to add more butter or oil if it is cooking too fast.) Remove from heat, add the lime juice and cover for 1 minute. [p]Dump everything into a platter and serve.[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    tinman,
    I try to keep it simple. I peel and devine shrimp. Marinade in Wishbone Robust Italian Dressing with maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I have no ingredient list, it is all to taste. Sometimes I leave the cayenne pepper out and heat Louisanna hot sauce and butter in a pan and brush on.[p]HTH[p]Mike

• Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Options
    tinman,
    I forgot to mention that if you just type in shrimp, you'll get over 1100 recipes with shrimp. There are quite a few like New Orleans BBQ Shrimp, etc. Some recipe in those choices should get you drooling like Pavlov's dog.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• tinman
    tinman Posts: 86
    Options
    tinman,
    thanks guys, well on my way..[p]hope to post a picture later!
    Jorge

• Unknown
    Options
    tinman,
    After pealing and cleaning the shrimp, I melt some butter, put in Old Bay seasoning and some Cajun blackening seasoning, half of each. Cover the shrimp with the sauce and let sit for hour. Personally, I like using a wok. Get the wok hot and dump the shrimp stirring until done. Great taste.[p]Jerry

• Chicago Wine Geek
    Options
    dawgtired wrote:
    tinman,
    Here is a link to the Food network. Once there, type in Cajun Fiery Shrimp in the recipe search. It should get you to a great Paula Deen recipe. You can read the reviews if you want. This is an awsome recipe.

[ul][li]http://www.foodnetwork.com[/ul]

Did that and it found nothing....