Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long burn time - 33 hours on one load in LBGE

Yesterdays brisket started at 7:00 AM.  When it came off last night, I decided to just burn off the remaining lump/wood chips, since I'll be doing pizza tonight and didn't want that much smoke.  Took the DW off and opened up the bottom vent.  Checked it after about 45 minutes and it was at 750 degrees.  I left it alone and forgot about it.  This afternoon at 3:00 PM I went out to clean and fill to get ready for tonights pizza.  Noticed the dome temp was 225 and figured I'd screwed up the thermo, until I went to open the Egg and it was still warm.  Opened it up and had a lot of ash and a couple of handfuls of burning embers.  I figure I had just the right mix of charcoal and ash to bank the fire and keep it going.  That's 33 hours total burn time - 11 at 300, a high temp clean out burn, and overnight at 225.  If I'd been paying attention, I could have thrown on a butt overnight for tonights dinner.  The coals I had left could have burned for a few more hours.

Comments